Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Training Days

We had a great turn out for both the Concord and Fairfield trainings.  The vibrancy and diversity of the group struck me:  there were Food Bank staff members; retired folks; military personnel; seasoned Food Bank volunteers, college students. . . .

When preparation began for the training, it seemed quite daunting.  I had to cram this much information:


 . . . .  into a four hour training.  There was great excitement as the Solano County group gathered. 






The table was set, and we began.  There were so many questions.  I let everyone know that there are many details, however, when we get in the field, it will all come together.



For me, one of the most interesting aspects of the training was that each trainee wanted to go through the entire survey.  I quickly picked up on this as I tried to move on to other topics.  I quickly learned that the group wanted to finish this survey.  This is good in a way, because, there will be some familiarity of what is being asked of the clients in the field.



There were many questions, so this was a learning experience for me as well.  I let the group know that they can view the training modules online for future review.  There were many questions in Concord as well, and of course, everyone, including the "dream team" below wanted to go through each question.


 

 Thanks to everyone that made it.  Even Spring Break did not keep some college students from making it.


The study begins next week.  Are we ready?  Yes, I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment